My friend Richard is putting together a poetry book to raise money for charity, and is putting out a last call for contributions! Entry is completely free. So #banishtheblues , dust off a couple of poems, contribute to a good cause, AND be able to state that you are now published. You can’t go wrong!
(I’ve also submitted a couple of mine, so we could be book-buddies! 🙂 )
I’ve copied below the key rules:
1. All poems must be the author’s own work, please don’t submit something that isn’t yours.
2. Poems are welcome from anyone, anywhere in the world.
3. Please submit no more than two poems
4. Submitted poems must be in arial font in a format free word document. If you are unable to do such then just paste the poems into the body of your email.
5. Poems on any subject and theme are welcome, however sexually explicit poetry and poems with extreme bad language will not be considered.
6. Poems should be no longer than 400 words approx.
7. Previously published poems can be submitted as long as the writer holds the copyright.
8. When submitting poems please include your full name for inclusion in the book’s contents.
9. Email your poems to Diverseverse@aol.co.uk
10. If I receive more poems than I can fit in a reasonably sized book then I shall do one of two things. Firstly I shall endeavour to put at least one of each contributors poems in the book, failing that if there are too many poems I will select my favourites and publish those.
11. The book will be published via Lulu the online publishers.
12. Closing date for submissions is 31 January 2017